2021: A Period of Change for Humanity ❤️
There is likely a heartfelt desire of many people in todays world to bring healing and wholeness to all, as we witness so much suffering today.
In the spirit of this heartfelt hope I want to start a conversation about hope, community, compassion, healing, the power of vulnerability and psycho-spiritual renewal.
This past year has been hard. Our lives, our relationships with others, our employment situations and other important life issues may have been under considerable strain. Lockdown has brought with it social distancing, the loss of normal human contact, separation from family, and for many, deep uncertainty. It has brought bereavement and isolation for many. There has been the pressure of “staying alert” for an invisible but real problem and this has understandably taken us by surprise. We have needed to adapt to many changes. During such a time of challenge, change and uncertainty, we may be trying to cope under the strain of events that can feel beyond our control. Coping with the effects of the COVID pandemic, can often require more energy and resilience.
What our world desperately needs is a consciousness of compassion to regenerate our future after this global trauma in order to rebuild our lives and face the many challenges ahead
Who am I
My name is Brendan Mooney. I have over thirty years’ experience working with people with emotional, psychological and spiritual challenges. I have worked within the NHS, statutory and voluntary sectors including the Tavistock Clinic, NSPCC and St Christopher’s Hospice. I am an accredited psychotherapeutic counsellor with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a registered social worker with Social Work England. I have dedicated my life to compassionately helping people to work with pain, suffering, dying and life transitions. I am deeply mindful of the traumatic impact of COVID 19 on many of our lives including loss and grief; anxiety and trauma; illness and ongoing health difficulties; life transitions and struggles, and existential pain. I want to start a conversation about transforming this world and generating a new chapter defined by grace, compassion and tenderness. We need a psychosocial and psychospiritual reset, emerging from a consciousness of compassion that honours the dignity, purpose and worth of every human being and all living creatures and life forms on the planet
Areas of Study
- Currently studying for the Diploma in Trauma Therapy at the NAOS Institute, London
- Masters Degree in Theology – dissertation specialism: The spiritual care needs of adult survivors of childhood trauma – St Mary’s University, Twickenham; 2017
- Post Graduate Diploma in Compassion Focused Therapy (Psychotherapy) – Birmingham University; 2018
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling, (BACP Accredited training) Inter-Psyche Training Institute, Kent; 2011
- Certificate in Systemic Therapy, (Couples) Birkbeck, University of London; 2010
- BA (Hons) Social Work – dissertation specialism therapeutic work with adult survivors of childhood trauma, Portsmouth University; 2004
- Advanced Diploma in Mental Health Social Work, Portsmouth University; 1999
- Social Work Practice Teaching Award, Bromley College of Higher Education: 1998
- Diploma in Social Work/Diploma in Higher Education, Brunel University, London; 1994
- Diploma in Theology and Social Studies, Plater College, Oxford; 1988
Please follow my blog Living Through a Time of Change and contribute to the ongoing conversation
Blessings and good wishes